U.S. wine bloggers were invited by The Cognac Board (BNIC) and The Palate Press Advertising Network to compete in the 2011 Cognac Writing Contest.
First Prize - An all-expenses paid trip to France for the Cognac Blues Passions Festival and tours of Cognac. From Asa to ZZ Top, an amazing five day festival of music, sponsored by the finest spirits in the world. Tour the vineyards and Cognac houses, listen to the music, find your next great story.
Second Prize - $500.00
Third Prize - Three bottles of fine Cognac.
The following wonderful stories were accepted as entires for the contest:
- Solace & Comfort, by Nannette Eaton
- Finding Solace in the Big (Cognac) House, by Alice Feiring
- I Was Never Much of a Fan: Learning the Nuances of Cognac in my Ever-Evolving Palate Experiences, by Kevin Keith
- Cognac: Pleasing to Any Palate, by Robin Austin
- A Dashing Way to Kick Off an Evening-With … Cognac?, by Wini Moranville
- Well Who Knew: I Like Cognac, by Ed Bell
- The Sleeping Spirit, by Kyle Branche
- Waiter, There’s Wine in My Cognac; A Wine Blogger’s Take on Cognac, by Clive Pursehouse
- Cognac: The Spirit and the Place, by Bill Eyer